Wednesday, December 21, 2005


So I found a piece of writing I wrote in October. I wanted to share it and say that what I went through then I have looked back on now and have nothing but praise for because I truly do see... enjoy

Obedience


Day after day
Week after week
Does this fighting ever come to an end?
Is there no lasting peace?
I say ‘yes Lord, I will go’
And find little rest; little peace
No place to lay my head
What comes my way is all but for a short time
Just enough for the moment
Then I go back to war
Back to that bone dry dessert
And find myself fighting but once more
Stumbling in that blistering sun, will life always be like this?
What can I do but continue forward?
What can I do but hold on?
Like that little child who grabs a hold of a death grip on her bed sheets,
In fear of the demon beneath her bed
Searching for safety, something to hold on to in her fear
In her loneliness she does not let go, she does not let go
Always having to hold on, not for a moment, but for what seems like eternity
No rest, no constant stability
Just waiting on the Lord in his timing which seems like eternity in itself at times
Will I always have to cry out for my spirit to be uplifted?
Will I ever just be ‘up’?
Will I have to walk in this dessert for forty years?
Obedience

Will I ever be on course?
Like the drunken man trying to find his way home
in the early hours of the morning
Staggering from side to side
Can I not feel sober? Can I not walk straight?
Mindsets, lacking,
Attitude, Impatience,
Eagerness, Anxiousness
Is it me? Is it you?
This blindness is causing fatigue
My deaf ear is wearing on me
Why, just why?


Will I ever see this course?
Will I only see when I look back?
I know I’ll see your goodness when I look back, for I already do
I trust it, I trust you
I believe it, I feel it

All I can do is fall to my knees
Lift up these broken hands,
Close these clouded, heavy eyes and say
‘Take me Father… Take me.’

Comments:
WOW, this reaches out and touches a familiar part of my spirit. The words that you put down all of a sudden seem to jump off the page and start to dance in front of my very eyes. I see the dance, i feel the anguish... amazing stuff! I am excited to read more! Be blessed!
 
Jishwa everything that I have seen you write is amazing you should make it in a book...not neccassarily one that sells but for your own records it would be cool. I am writing a book and its gonna kick butt. I just love when people write its a great way of how people express themselves.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]