Friday, December 30, 2005

Stupefy

I look back to see your grace. To see your mercy
You’ve been so good to me, better than I can imagine
To think and feel that this is only the beginning
I’m believing for bigger things
The revelation you’ve given to a broken man.
And undeserving man

I feel I’ve only bitten into your love and got a mere taste.
I want more – this never grows stale.
Your love has been forever changing
My eyes can finally see
like a prairie fire
a spark ignites
allow it to engulf everything and anything it can
I remember what you’ve done
And will hold onto it when I need it the most

Thankfulness doesn’t describe the way I feel
I could thank you a thousand times and it still wouldn’t be enough
So with my life, Lord, I offer to you
Day after day, minute for minute
I offer this soul for you
For your glory, for your will

I’ve got a faint scent of your aroma.
You’re sovereignty in one moment is worth more than I can give back
They say if it’s too good to be true, it probably is
I say you’re too good to be true, but you are
You’re the best ‘free’ gift I’ve ever had,
You came with a high cost but you sent your son to take that too
So for me, this gift is completely free
You took a treatment that was meant for me
You offer me even more than you offered your own son
You’re so big my mind can’t take it, it can’t understand
I ask why?
And you simply, gently whisper,
‘because I love you’

What can I truly do for you?
What will you do with this life as it’s offered to you?
One day I’ll finally see your face
I’ll dance with Jesus at your feet
Together, we’ll praise you

I can simply reflect over this past year and thank you
For coming to my rescue
I was captive, I was broken, I was lost
I tried over and over again to reach you, but
I couldn’t reach the proper height without you stretching your hand.
You finally did and Lord,
you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me
With your strength I can and will be all I can be
Just how deep can I go with you? Just how deep will you take me?
Just ‘how much’ can I do for you?
You excite me more than anything else Lord
You stir me up to dream dreams and picture vision
Something bigger than me that I can grow into.
And I am simply stupefied
You are ‘I Am’

Comments:
Wow... your words captivate my thoughts and touch the soul within me. Such truths that i too have pondered in amazment over! Its so unique... the Fathers' love, and it never drows old. A passion that is never squelched. Great entry, Be blessed!
 
sweet jishwa I love when you share your writing. It really gets to me everytime I read them.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]