Monday, January 30, 2006

The Power of Love

What a sad world we live in. It's clear why we're here... just listen to lost people talk about their personal opinions. God's design has been clouded and wrecked by his own creation. Humans. People turned off because of other 'christians' they've seen, and have been 'hypocrites'. 'Don't try and cram your beliefs down my throat.' They're clearly always watching. They place us 'religious' people high on a mantel and hope that we fall and when they do, they see no faith. They see no faith while we stand, they just look with anticipation that you'll fall and left with the question as to when that will happen.

We simply don't see our beliefs as some phony, religious way of thinking. 'Religion' to me is not the same 'religion' you speak of. The word 'religion' rubs off with a whole multitude of ideas and ways of doing certain activities that seem to have no significance with legitimate reasoning. Yet we try and communicate with these people and defend our beliefs when it's pointless to do so. If you won't listen to them, why will they listen to you?
I am fully convinced people need to be 'loved' to Jesus and not 'spoken' to Him. Everyone would be christians if speaking saved people. Everyone longs to be loved. It's the way we're wired. True love will put someone on their knees. True love can soften a deep, coloused heart. It may rerquire much more attention and care, but it will still begin to soften. So the only question then, is 'how'? Because love is an action word, we need figure out how we can love people; with action. Practical ways. If they want to know about my Jesus, then they'll ask me. I won't defend my beliefs. I'll just share what I do and why I do it. But I need to listen to them. If they have questions, they'll ask. Until those moments, should I just not do what I can to make someone know that when they see me, they'll see something positive about me?
Does it not feel much better to leave something you can't change in the hands of the Father? God is not afraid of the unbeliever. God is not intimidated as we may be of someone's lack of faith. They are of no threat to him, whatsoever. We do not need to defend God. Let God defend Himself. Simply do as you're called to do, pray, and let God take care of the rest.

Comments:
Yeah jishwa every thing you said goes back to relationship is the key...I know that for a fact and if I am with an unbeliever I nver cram Jesus down their throat cause I hated when Christians did that to me. I always listen to people and if they believe in a different religion then I look that one up cause I want to see what they believe in. What bugs me about most Christians is they are ignorant cause they say that there way is the only way yes Jesus is the only I know that and you know that but not knowing anything about other religions and arguing with someone about it. They arent going to get anywhere cause those other people are going to think they ignorant you need to hear their side and thats that. Well I am ranting now look what you made me do lol anyways...Nikki Out!
 
Amen amen amen!!!! The one thing that i usually tell people is that i am human, not God, i am bound to fail... if you try to look at me and see a perfect picture of Jesus you wont find it! I can only love and hope that my mistakes don't kill your opinion of my Great and Powerful Jesus! Love is the most important thing... it is EVERYWHERE in the Bible look at 1 Peter or 1 Cor. 13! I was in a human sexuality class and asked the different people that came in what the church could do for them... ALL of them, no not just some, ALL said that what the church could do was love them! That is POWERFUL! They also thought it crazy that i would ask what we could do for them, instead of the what we force or believe about them.. the 'typical' christian responce! OUTCH! I want to be weird by how much i love~ GREAT BLOG! Be richly blessed!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]