Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Guilt of Request...

To what extent does it make it wrong to request of the Lord? I've heard some far fetched requests from people that you wouldn't naturally expect God to grant, yet... I've seen these requests granted... Why is it that when I have a particular request before God I feel guilty about asking for it? But it's like asking your dad for money. You'd do it because there's no harm in asking, and if he says no, oh well, you've lost nothing. But with God you don't always hear an answer. Sometimes you just have to believe you've received what you've asked for, because after all, it IS biblical to do so. If God said it, then it's true. Plain and simple. But I wonder why I still feel guilty. What God has cannot be ran dry. His amount cannot be limited, and if others have done this and received then why can't I? Is there a legitimate reason why I would feel guilty? Where does that come from? I wonder if I would need to 'believe' for this to see it come to pass? Yet I don't want to feel guilty and have to 'explain' myself to God of why I want what I'm asking for. I've been brought up that if you want something, you save and buy it. Makes perfect sense, and perhaps because I want something I've been taught that YOU save and buy it, don't ask someone else to do it for you. Maybe that's why I feel guilty. Either way, I suppose there's no harm in asking. If you were a Father, or are, and you truly loved your child, what would you want to give Him or Her?

Comments:
I think that everyone would answer this question different. Because mostly of their upbrining...I was brought up in a similer way you are talking about if you cant afford it you dont get it or you save for it. But some people are used to asking their parents for everything. I think that God wants to get a lot of stuff to us but we arent obediant and so we dont get it.
 
I am unfortunatly caught in this same struggle~ I want to ask God for things but I want... what HE wants for me not what I want for me because really and truely He knows whats best for me...but at the same time God put desires in our heart for a reason! Lets look at what we are supposto be... children.. do they hesitate to ask for something that they would like? No, and there is nothing that my God cannot provide! I keep this in mind... God, this is what i would like, if You have something better i will keep my eyes and heart open for that~
God ALWAYS answers prayer... ALWAYS, He may say no, He may not reviel it right then, but He always does! Be blessed, great post!
 
Here's my take on things.

If your heart is right with God your not going to ask him for anyting he doesn't want to give you. But at the same time, I believe that calling in your harvest, aka asking for stuff, doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be given to you.

You need to be a good steward of your money. Titheing is critical with this I think. You need to believe for it with out doubt, and with faith. It says it in Matthew "Who ever has faith as small as a mustard seed, and does not doubt can tell this mountain to move from here to there and it will" (slight paraphrase but i'm sure you get the point)

So if you need a car (just an example), start praying for it, start calling it in, start saving for it. And if the Lord calls you to, sow some car seed. Help someone else who is in need of a car, weather it's with Cash or what ever. Cause the word also says that you will reap what you so. You so an apple you get an apple, not a mansion.

it's late, and i'm tired, but in a rambling way I hope my take on it isn't to jumbled up.

Peace
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]