Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Prodigious One

It was time for my Father to hear a love song, so I wrote Him a letter, then turned it into more, with in depth words to capture true meaning. I just wanted to share it with you. :)

Prodigious One


Surviving on love, grace and mercy
Surpassingly lavished

If my sin never felt the warmth of the bright, shining sun
I would be on a darkened roadway leading to hell
Rejected and forsaken

Cater a starving soul
I taste of your fruit; I am drenched with its juices
Your divine presence has enlightened me
Prodigious One

You cannot be replaced
You can not be defeated
No government can over throw you
No being can stand against you and claim victory
Not one reality makes you twitch with fear
Fear is forgotten in the kingdom of heaven

What you bestow to me in one day requires a lifetime of debt to pay
I fail to find enough words to explain Your majesty
Your Holiness; Your perfection.
I am humbled by your presence alone
I’m not worthy to accept your gifts
Not even one
Nor am I worthy for blessing
I can thank you a thousand times and it’s never enough

You’ve gratified this heart
Mold me; sculpt me; shape me
more like you Lord, more like You
Make the familiar land become desolate
Plant my feet firmly so the storms of life will not engulf me

I’m humbled, fractured, and lost without you
Your prestige is unfathomable
Cleanse me, make me more like you
My flesh deteriorates on its own
This soul chooses You
I love you Lord
My God, I love you
josh pick . 02.22.06

Comments:
Jishwas I LOVE it...its amazing keep it up. I just want you to know...I know the Father is proud of you...so keep going.
 
mmmm.... there is POWER in those words! This was an amazing blog~ i could not help but feel a wave of warmth as i read this, knowing the Father's love and loving in return... too wonderful for words! Be blessed~
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]