Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Journey, Struggles & Strength

This week has been a bit of a struggle with God so far and I realize I’m only 2 days into it. Yet good things are still coming out of it. Ever have those days where you wake up and feel anxious? of course you do! :D Yesterday and today I woke up like that. Monday I woke up and struggled with the future. When you’re caught in those moments where you can’t see 2 feet infront of yourself in a spiritual sense. Where you wonder where your life is headed and you can’t help but wondering if some things you believe in will EVER come to pass...Funny how time passes by so fast yet at the same time it can pass by so seemingly slow... I went for lunch at a little cafe here in town and on the way back, listening to music, I believe God spoke to me - I wanted to share it with you. Beforehand, take yourself back to a place in your life where you can’t see infront of you. Remember how it feels? Remeber how lost and isolated you were? How helpless that felt?

Driving back from lunch, the snow was melting and there’s streams flowing in the curbs down to the sewer drains. From the angle I was on, the sun was bright, glistening in those streams. It almost seemed to dance...I just saw beauty in it. I saw God’s beauty in that glistening. It reminded me of standing on the soft sand of a beautiful beach, hearing waves wash up on the shore, birds in the distance and the crisp golden, orange color of a summer’s sunset accented by water.

When I got back to work, I stood outside, put my face to the sun and thanked God. I could feel complete warmth on the front of my body. I closed my eyes with my face to the sun. Today I struggle with the future; wondering if dreams will pass. I can’t see it clearly. But I believe. So I stood reminded that God has life under control. knowing in my heart, God is clearly under control. All I have to do, is obey and love him. When I can’t feel Him or see him at all, whatsoever, He is still there regardless. We all know this, but when it sinks down into the heart, the peace is overwhelming. I need this to sink into my soul, into my heart. So in those stormy times, I will have strong faith to hold on to. I chose to grow in this minor struggle. I hope I can see that for the others that come my way, because the power of it creates a strength. My God, my God, you have enlightened me. I wait for you to show up so your joy bleeds out this anxiety.
Eyes closed, face to the sun, I faintly whisper under my breathe, thank you, over and over again.

I can actually see the mountain I’m walking over, and I understand what will happen if I do not conquer it. And I tell you that I will, because I cannot stand by, I cannot quit, I cannot give up. It’s hard achieving a dream, but I would rather fight and fail rather than fail because I never fought. These dreams need to pass for fullness, so I can tell others that I made it so there’s no reason they can’t. A lyric from a U2 song spoke to me once, saying, ‘there’s no failure here sweatheart, just when you quit.’ I cannot fail if I don’t quit. Therefore, where do I have to go but straight towards the challenging? I’ll strike down my Goliath and behead him because the Lord’s calling is waiting. Because this heart won’t back down. I looked to God for strength today and He was failthful.

Comments:
wow... this blog was AMAZINGLY refreshing... my heart took a little vacation while reading this... first of all i though the title said "journey, snuggles and strength" at first glance which made my heart jump. Then during the second paragraph i read it over ALOT... drinking in all of the visual goodness and when i closed my eyes i was right there in the place you described! It ws beutiful, marvelous, spectacular... good for my heart! I love when we can learn even from the littlest things in life! This did my heart so much good... thanks for being obedient! Be blessed!
 
Josh there is a lot of us that this week isnt going very good but thats why we have each other...on the way to school today I was praying for you...I was asking God to tell you some things and to just be there for you today...I dunno how your day went but mine was crappy...I prayed specifically for certian people this morning and for them to have an awesome day...and it seems that the enemy is coming at them hard...now to me thats a sign we are on the right path...to me that tells me that you are on your way...the enemy is scared of you and he will do anything to get you off course and that means you are on your way...so brother of mine I want you to not worry about the future and soak up the now...just soak it up and run with it...here I am sayin it again soak it up and go...if you think you need to move then do it....and go...one thing I am happy is we will all have struggles but look at the circle of friends that has your back...anyways have a kick butt day...love from your sis
 
thanks for the comment on my blog... it made my day! and i hope that god will make yours! Be richly blessed!
Jeremiah 29:11
 
Hey man, aint God great? ;) Its so awesome that one day you'll just be struggling, falling a bit, generally having an all around crappy day. And they you'll pray, and all of a sudden he'll just show up. Its hard to explain, but I know you know what I mean. Something will just speak to you, and from that point on, the rest of the day doesn't seem so hard. ;)

Great post, like Dawn said, it was refreshing. Keep your headup, you're in my prayers. God Bless...
 
Thanks Andrea, I looked up that Psalm, it was good. I see boldness in David asking God for things, which I've learned to do the same. David did, so why can't I? I suppose it's confidence in Christ. Thank you all for your comments and support, it sure goes a long way in me. Take strength in Christ for your day today!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]