Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Truth of a Bondservant...


“If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything. If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free.

"But if the servant declares, 'I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,' then his master must take him before the judges. He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life.

Exodus 21:2-6 (emphasis added)

Does everything lead up to this point? Surrender. I knew I needed to do this. I already gave up my life before but wonder if I started taking it back. to think of giving up EVERY single thing to God that I’ll only do what I see my father doing.
It’s not about me... God can take care of this. ‘am I pleasing to you Lord?’ I lay on my floor and want to be lead by the Spirit. feel so helpless when I pray - I cannot get there on my own. I can’t see what you’re doing. There’s no certainty in the uknown, God’s road isn’t safe, but dangerous - yet he’ll take care of his servants. his bondservants. Pierce my ear to declare me a bondservant, because I’m surrendering everything. Tonight I have, tonight I did. Not my will anymore, but God’s. I know this is a journey and I completely rely on God and God alone because HE has to lead me through this. through life.
Lay down your dreams, lay down your desires. Hear the words, “do you trust me?” Still feel lost. Fork in the road, clueless and lost, hear you say ‘I’ll guide you, do you trust me?”. still can’t see you but you are acknowledged. Yes Lord, I trust you.

What are the things you want in life the MOST, out of anything else in the world? Whether they are possessions, personality traits, characteristics, things money can or can’t buy.. What are your dreams? what is it you want to do with your life? What is something in your heart you want SO badly? Take a minute... if you would, to seriously consider it and picture those things in your mind.
It can be difficult surrendering everything you want out of life, or your own dreams in which you still struggle what is from God. I feel so blind, probably because I am.

“A man’s steps are directed by the Lord, how then can anyone understand his own way?”
Proverbs 20:24

A blind man needs someone to show him how to get where he wants to go if he’s in area that is uknown to him. If you are blindfolded, and you put your hand on my shoulder, do you know where I’m taking you? How can you see your way when you’re being guided? That spoke loud volumes to me - which is so simple, yet how many times do I forget? I‘ve asked God for so much help because I feel so lost and hopeless on my own.


Who in their right mind would turn back to their master if set free? The greatest freedom is giving up frreedom itself to serve... to become a bondservant for the rest of your days. Surrendering your will daily.. completely. Your dreams, your desires. How does it feel to think of loosing everything you want to do to become a slave? But... a slave to a master who cares, to a master that can grant you life beyond your knowledge, beyond what you could do with it by yourself, as soon as you step out those doors as a free man. A servant who would LOVE his master THAT much...that he would choose to stay behind?

Is this making sense to anyone? It sure did to me tonight. My dreams.. my desires, my hopes, my ‘ideas’ of what I want to do or where I want to go. Selfish by nature, this is hard to give up. So God speaks, “I’ll guide you, do you trust me?” and there’s no specifics. There’s nothing set infront of me and that’s hard to deal with. Yes Lord, I trust you. I pray for so much help because I’m hopeless without the guiding and leading. I am that blind man.

Comments:
wow.... this brings new meaning to the words hopelessly in love! Servanthood is amazing, hard, rewarding, a dayly struggle, a second by second sacrifice and surrender. Its so amazing to see God work in your life! When i was reading it it felt as if i was listening to a sermon... beutiful depth of insight and revelation of the word~ mmm.... it is so refreshing and heart warming to see the depth of your passion for Christ being poured out so gently, so poetic, with such fluidity! Truely amazing stuff Josh! Be blessed~
 
Josh I know exactly what you are talking about I am there at this moment. I wrote a similer blog last night. Also when Pastor Landon was talkin about bond servants last night it hit me and I got it. I understand that I need to give the control up to my Father cause He knows best. And like I said in my blog I am just going to screw it up so He might as well have it. Well great post...see you thursday. Have an awesome rest of your week.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]