Monday, May 01, 2006

Hopelessly Faithful


Hopelessly Faithful

Walk with me
Walk down a narrow road
One has to stop at one point and question himself
Challenge the belief
Those cherished most; closest to you turn on you to question
are you a fool?
Feel like they think you’re an idiot
pass up the opportunity, pass up the ‘security’
literal ‘down to earth’ thinking is too grounded for my liking.
Is my head so far in the clouds I overlook common sense?
Forced to take a moment and stop on the path I’m heading.
Look behind, look up and down, look all around
Only one man stands at your side whispering in your ear;
but won’t let you think
I have to sit back and ask, ‘where am I going..really?’
stand alone, look straight up into the blue sky,
see and feel nothing
shut my eyes, attempt to block out the voices that scream in my ear
lifeless hands seem to reach my throat to choke me,
clench my fists, sweat beads on my forehead,
open my eyes to see the heavens
instead see nothing but blue sky and white, patchy clouds.
Stop in the stillness; alone to make a decision
Question everything you ever knew
Question the path you now follow
follow the one who doesn’t need to spit down your throat.
follow the one who stands in the distance and has a gentle mystery.
I’ll take my chances with him.
there’s your signal; there’s how I know who to follow
I believe in the unseen
I believe in the words of a book
Until this body, until these lungs have no breath
if my life was smothered out
my lasts words will be your name
He is good; He is holy
I will not back down
I will be strong
I will fight
I am not weak
I refuse defeat
I refuse to quit
I’m hopelessly trusting you
take me, make me
a somebody from a nobody
perhaps I’ll be what I couldn’t dream
to have a thief whisper agreement in their views
opposition speaks a volume of worth
for someone to fight so hard,
you must know something I don’t
but your very attack shows me a glimpse
your very attack ignites a flame in my soul
Fuel me, bestow strength unto me
I hope I put a smile on your face
I hope I’m pleasing to you
I hope I make you proud
this is all I’ve got
you are all I’ve got
I’ll be a ‘fool’ if I must
You cannot be mocked
My faith hopelessly rests in you

Comments:
wow Jishwa thats so amazing and so captivating and just sooo wow...I love it
 
amen! This is beutiful.... beutiful serender.... wow! Its so nice to see a man's heart after God...yeah wow! Be blessed Josh!
 
that's awesome, josh. It still amazes me at the wonderful writing you all produce.
 
....you smell like sweet red plums and grilled cheese sandwiches....
 
uh.... is that a good thing?



What does that MeAn??
 
It could mean you need to take a shower....

Awesome poem Josh. I'm really enjoyed it!
 
ha ha I jsut though of something but I will keep it to myself
 
dawn, that is SUCH a good movie!
 
No derek, we're both wrong... it means that these girls quoted a chick flick. I feel damned...
 
I know guys like chick flicks.... you just dont like to admit it!... you know what would be comical? If we strapped Josh down on saturday and made him watch 24hrs strait of chick flicks... hu nikki? wanna do it? then we could go do something! lol ahh i love it~
 
If you do it, start with the Princess Bride. Jishwa's been avoiding that one forever. ;)
 
WONDERFUL DEREK! 1800 points for you! We will play that one over 3x just so he can remember some of the lines..... actually i had a chem teacher who LOVED that movie.... it was great cause then we got to watch it and others... well just his chem king and queens (you had to get 90% or above to be royalty) it was great! muahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha! *taps fingers together* oh we will get u Josh....
 
I'll kill you all. Want to see a small man snap? Make him do something he hates... HATES to do.
 
I own that movie...I can bring it ha ha
 
Vital signs.... mmm mmm good!
 
And vein tracing - don't forget that!
 
trusting, hoping, waiting.
 
most of all praying
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]