Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Adventure; Unknown Charted Territory


T Minus one week

Departure - headed down a charted road but has not been seen by my eyes, every experience different for the traveler. Excitement rising, pulse accelerates, live the thrill of walking into unknown territory; peace at my side. Hoping and waiting. Only an assumption can be made of the general concept and outcome of the undertaking.

Fill me up, make me new; make me more like you. Let us be focused on the goal, focused on the field of harvest, not on each other, not on ourselves, not on the tools we use, not on our hungry, empty stomachs.
Prepare the hearts, make gold out of coal. Peel off calloused tissue. Prune the crop of the field.

D-Day is approaching and we're going to war. This war I cannot die in, this war is for the lives of others, not for my own freedom. That war has come and passed; that war has been won victoriously! Time to fight for those who don't know, those who NEED to know.

The adventure is coming, and who knows what it will bring in the outcome, but if your hand is behind this than your word will not be mocked. Romans 8:28, one more promise the good, good Lord has promised, shall come to pass.

I welcome challenge, although I might not agree in the moment of the circumstance once arrives... I'm looking forward to learning about people, about ministry, about God, about kids, about friends, about relationship. This summer will be full; this summer is what I've needed, what I've been missing.
These next few days are final preparation, spiritually, physically. Rest and relaxation, minimized stress, peace everlasting. I took the time out to ride in the bliss, enjoying what was made 'for me' - ground my thoughts, ground my life, bring it all back to you. Thank-you for teaching and showing me how to simply 'enjoy' your gifts in life. The simple things, the little things. The greenery of the trees. Their lush beauty, swaying with the wind. A graceful river, highlighted, accented by city life. By the beauty of an architectural bridge. By the variety of smells in the air. The warm wind on your face, the deer that stare at me, afraid of me, as I go by. For the pink shade in the sunset, as the clouds wrap themselves into the bare sky to paint a picture. For the land to be laid out, with its hills and curves, winding together, colliding; decorated with bushes, shrubs and trees of all sizes; of different shades and colors; wild flowers. This is a small paradise.

Your will be done this summer, in your people, in this place, and with everyone else back in the cities; back in the homes with their jobs. In their lives. Water your seeds this summer, enable them to flourish. Speak forth their bloom. Keep our feet on level ground, let us not forget, let us never loose sight of you and why we're here, why we're in these moments we're in. Let me never forget, let my tongue always give thanks and give praise.
You are why I am created - hold us near - thank you your majesty, that you are Lord. Shalome.

Comments:
I appolgize.. I TOTALLY had a REALLY sudden and REALLY random itch to comment first on my own blog.. don't ask why.. just shake your head like you agree...
 
wow, jishwa, i don't know what to say...but, you know this summer is going to be awesome and a huge learning experience for you. you're going to be blessed in so many ways while out there! just do this one thing for me: look up at the sky at least once this summer (at nighttime) and look at the stars...every last one of them...and just think about it...i won't tell you my thoughts on this, but i do this every time i go back to the farm. be amazed at the sky, be calmed by it, you tell me, i love it though...whoa, i got caught up in the moment, i should go now
 
Oh I'll do that more than once Jello, it's beautiful... absoletely! A mystery, reminds me how vast God is...but I definately will do that, then I'll ask you what you get out of it when I do!
 
ok, sounds good, i'll be waiting
 
This is me commenting... look at me comment! Ionly read part...i WILL read all of it....i promise...i really like the pic~ DRB
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]