Thursday, June 01, 2006

Friendly Reminders!

The human mind can be one of my biggest enemies. It works for me and yet against me. Throw in a mix of human nature and you've officially got yourself a mess!

Lately I've seemed to move mylsef into anxiousness with my life and my circumstances and current situations. The summer, the fall, where life is going, etc. It's relieving in a small sense to see others who are also wondering the same thing, 'what am I going to do with my life?' - that we all have this same question. But we've also got the insight of accepting and loving your present. Where you are now. Not so much of being content but 'enjoying' where you are now.

Times in my life I forget to stop and actually ENJOY where I'm at. Enjoy the day, enjoy the time, enjoy the people, the friends, the family, enjoy what you've got TODAY. Enjoy your relationships.
I cry out to God as to what I'm suppose to do with this and that, and over there, and a friend speaks to me a friendly reminder that God gave me a brain and wisdom, so he doesn't have to tell me what exactly to do all the time. But there's the part of figuring it out for yourself, meanwhile, God is right there the entire time.

I push myself into worry and feel anxious and cause my own anxiety and discomfort.
Relax & enjoy - keeps coming back at me and for some reason, I've been forgetting about it. I don't want to look back on my life and see I forgot to enjoy because I was so worried of making a mistake.
A man who takes no risk in life is a dead man. Life is adventurous with risks that are properly thought out and respected, not foolishly ran into hoping for a positive outcome. Life is boring without risk.

I feel at peace finally today from a conversation over lunch with a good friend. To be reminded to relax and enjoy. use wisdom and what God has already given to me. That he won't always tell you the answers. Peace came back, and after prayer I feel released. Peace returned! But like you, I'm just one person. I'm just one man, trying to find his way through life, chasing after God and his way, teetering right or left to find that straight path. Mistakes I do make.

I would much rather ask God FIRST and go through a mistake to find out something as small as this for an answer, rather than not ask God at all and move forward to reap that seed. No thanks, I'll take this instead!

Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy.your path, your process, your situations, your circumstance, your summer plans, the people around you. Life!


Comments:
Hmmm this almost sounds familier ohh right I told you some of this awhile back and I also wrote a blog on it...well Jishwa I am happy that you are seeing this and I am excited to see what God is going to do in your life.
 
relax and enjoy...i think we all need to do that...right now i'm just so freakin tired i can't concentrate on anything...i shall do my relaxing on my pillow and enjoy it!!
 
Enjoy the process... dont just enjoy the outcome! I know what i am and have been doing... laying prostrate, wrapped in my Comforter and resting in Him....lol ohh camp... i love camp! Friend who said that is pretty smart... i think you should give him a cookie! lol wow... Dawn is wacko when she's sick! hahaha... at least i am good for entertainment! Blessings!
 
hey man. my body is so used to all-nighters that going to bed on time pretty much makes me sick. ahaha. have a super weekend dude.
 
And Josh's blog makes 3 today. :) Just finally catching up with you guys.

Anyway...Josh your thoughts definitely show a wisdom beyond your years. I know a LOT of older people who haven't realized this all yet.

Live for today, but use your common sense to plan for tomorrow. Thinking about not making mistakes implies that life is a problem to be solved, not an adventure to live. The anxiety and discomfort are the work of the enemy to push you towards a live of fear. Embrace the risk, the unknown, the adventure. And if you're like me, the gravity.

But I don't need to tell you all this; you've got it already.

TTFN my fellow short guy.
 
Wow Ed... that's huge - thanks so much for that - I don't know if you see how that spoke to me but I think I might print that off as a reminder to myself - thanks so much!
 
Its 2am.. i just got home... there is a moth in my room that i am trying to kill and WILL kill b4 i dare get into bed... i want to cry and kill someone! Why does JC hate me so?
 
.... okay? Hope you got it! Atleast moths aren't hard to kill like a misquito you can't see, only hear.
 
Really? That's awesome! Glad you got something out of it! Have a great rest of the week! Sorry I just exited our big group convo last night... my full attention was needed
 
What you're writing is actually some stuff I've been thinking about lately, so I actually had something meaningful to say. I'm exceptionally bad for worrying about the future and mitigating risk, so I use this to remind myself.
 
That's really good stuff Ed. I made a quote out of what you said.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]