Thursday, June 15, 2006

How Often...

Some thoughts came to mind, birthed from music and 'feeling' of a day. Wanted to share.

How often…

…do I loose sight of you?
…am I distracted, that my eyes wander to catch a glimpse of quick pleasure?
…have I prostituted myself away from the warmth of your loving hands into the cold hands of death?
…do you allow me back after I’ve cheated on you?

…beauty disguises itself, but death cannot hide its violent face for long…

…do I loose my momentum?
…do I fail and fall short?
…do I run dry?
…does my mind stray?
…am I unworthy?
…do you redeem me?

…do I cry out?
…do I deceive myself?
…have I turned on you?
…do I evolve my prayers around myself?
…am I a hypocrite?
…am I shaken by the wind?
…am I humbled standing in your midst?
…am I thankful?
…am I obedient?

...do you tell me you love me?
…do you teach me?
…do you uplift and uphold me?
…have you fought for me?
…have you given?
…have you turned to me?


…and undeserving am I?
…do I see your grace and your mercy?
...do I see your beauty?
…do I see your peace?
…do I see your undeserved blessing?

…I am deeply thankful
…I am humbled
…I am grateful

Comments:
Josh, just hearing words like that come from a guy does wonders for me. You show me that there's going to be a great christian guy coming for me. You show me that this world is not helpless in the guy department. Thankyou so much for what you share and who you are. God's got huge plans for you, and the lady you marry is going to be pretty darn blessed!
 
wow Jelea..... wow... those words sink right in, thank you so much!!
 
wow... awesome stuff Josh! It reminds me of an art galla and i am walking to and fro looking at all the wonderous works around me and i stop at this peice and lose myself in the moment, sinking in all of its angles, shades, use of lighting and texture to make a glorious peice! Be blessed, thanks for sharing!
 
that was a gooder josh as always
 
Hi Josh. Here I am, checking out your site. Reading your stuff. Or at least the latest. I might becoming out tonight, but you're obviously not home, so my sudden appearance may be a surprise!

T-Y.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]