Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Unknown Majesty; Thankfulness!

Walk out to a quiet, yet lively pasture
Standing on a hill, staring out over the golden prairies.
the distant land seems to have no end,
The clouds take shape and blissfully decorate the bold, vast blue sky,
together they intertwine to form a masterpiece
never to be seen again
The gold, orange and pink colors paint the sunset
beautifully meshing together, stimulating the mind, body and soul.
the sun is bold, blinding, instantly warming on the face
and every area of bare skin it so gently touches.
the wind softly rolls throughout the hills,
swarming every inch, swaying it in a joyus dance
the scent of the sweet grass gives pleasure, bringing a mellow, warming smile upon my face.
My eyes close and I loose myself in the moment.
A tame breeze finds my face, consuming, drapping itself around me whole. -Serenaded - I'm as an ant from the ariel view. I'm delighted in. I am one of kind - his work of art - a crafted specialty.
It is in that moment, that I am over powered. I'm lost in uknown majesty; reveling. I can hear nothing but the wind prowling through the field of grass and wheat. I can hear the bliss of nature at work. My eyes absorb the beauty. I am calmed. I am equable. I am at complete peace.
complete, blissful peace.

In the midst of circumstance, good or bad, perhaps it’s time for another break. to see what you DO have at the tips of your fingers. To see what blessing God has granted you. I forget (among many things) what God has done for me every, single day. A thankful heart is key, and when it’s genuine and pure, it’s then content and true. Walking home from the gym the other night with the sunset sky, the beauty of a small residential area of city life, it hit me: everything in that moment, what I’m thankful for. I realized some things once more.

I’m thankful for the clean air I can breathe, I’m thankful for the roadways that make it tremendously easy to get to and from. The decorated flowers, grass and trees along the way, bringing peace. I’m thankful for beauty God has showed - I’ve never seen how important it is until now. I’m thankful that I have eyes to see, ears to hear the sounds, the birds, the trees, the wind, children playing ball in the park, thankful I can hear life. that I can smell the many scents from the fresh, cut grass. From the trees, from the flowers that seem to have their own perfume. the smell of ‘fresh’. Fresh air. For all that is calming to an anxious soul.

that I can taste, that I can ‘feel’’ touch. that I can feel textures, that I can feel the intimacy of a simple, soft, touch. thankful for arms and legs so I can physically walk or run. that mybody is healthy, that my body is functioning. Thankful for the body itself, of what I have. what I’ve been granted; none of which I deserved or paid for. All of which was simply given. I could be skinnier, I could be larger, I could be smaller, I could be weaker. I could be unhealthy, I could be too sick to go outside, too sick to enjoy natural creation. Too sick to enjoy friends or family. To sick, the most fun I could have is to stare at a blank, white roof for the rest of my life. Thankful that I have a voice to communicate. Thankful for how easy life actually IS in this case.

Thankful I could walk freely and not in one bit of fear. Thankful for the people I walked past and said ‘hi’ to. I’m not alone! Thankful that they were friendly back! Thankful for silence and beauty. There’s just so much. Incredible amount. Tthis was just on a walk home and I can’t remember what triggered it but it was mostly my body alone what I was thankful for, what all is involved in that, that works, that doesn’t necessarily have to. that may fail. but I have these, and I take them for granted at times. The thought of loosing my legs brings anguish alone. let alone, my sight or my hearing. These are beautiful, beautiful gifts we have little to no control over keeping. If they were completely taken away, it wouldn’t matter what a doctor could say or do, or what perscription could be given.

Thankful that I was born in Canada. I could’ve been born in Africa with AIDS before I even had a chance to live. That I got an education so i could learn essential and basic skills and more. That I KNOW i’ll always have food for the day, clothes, and a place to lay my head at night. My issues begin to shrink. They begin to be put into perspective. I’m humbled as I’m surrounded by the thought of what I actually DO have on a daily basis and those small things in life I whine, snivel and complain about. I have nothing to complain about. We’re very rich. Thankful for the safety and the environment. These parks and lakes were made, were put here because God gave man an idea. Thankful for people who pursue their dreams. Everything around you is the result of someone’s dream they followed through with, to bring to life. Think if you had to establish something as big as a city and you were looking at an open field; barren land, with nothing but the clothes on your back. Big operation? My issues are really none to complain about at all.

Tonight I’ll get to play baseball. I wont have to worry if my family will survive the night from violence or from starvation. That I know they’ll be resting infront of the tv after a day of work. that my body will even allow me to have that source of fun and relaxation. I could go on, but it’s the point of the matter. Eminem said it best ”Loose yourself... in the moment...don’t you ever let it go”
“Don’t forget your Egypt” - don’t forget where you came from. Don’t you forget what God gave you. We always need a thankful heart, and I’m just plain thankful that I get times such as these, where I’m lost in mentality, yet in the physical world, that I can be shown all I truly have. There’s far more I could write that I see, far more that I’m even aware of...that we can pick out, that we can pick apart.

Jesus, sincerely.... from the bottom of my heart.... thank-you....for everything... that you've done, doing and will do. Not because I deserve it, but because you love me...


Comments:
ok, first off, it brought tears to my eyes. everyday i thank Jesus for so much, whenever i think of something, i thank Him. There is so much to be thankful for and would take so long, but i don't want to take anything for granted. Josh, you put it into such amazing words, it really did make my eyes water. thankyou for writing this, it's things like this that brighten my day, seeing that i'm not the only one to see the little things around us.
 
I have always thought about this thought...I have always thanked God for not making me born in a third world country...I always thank Him for the peace and they technology that I have at my fingertips I always thank you Him for that...its something to be thankful for...great post Josh I am also glad that I am not the only one who realizes this...ohh yeah be thankful for the ants too they are important.
 
The first part you wrote about.... that was last night! Thats what i saw... its almost creepy actually... (r u stalking me?) hahaha... wonderfully wrote! Its great when one can get so lost in a peice, to be able to close your eyes and for a moment be there.. feel all that is felt and see all within the writing... you have a gift! It does my heart good to know that others are seeing God in the little 'mundane' of life and realizing that its not so mundane! Great post Josh~ Blessings!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]