Friday, September 08, 2006

Transition 101

Soooo it has been an interesting week for moi. I could write an entire blog about being sick but I think I’ll spare you…. To make a long story short, I went to the doctors office again for a visit, which turned out sending me to get my blood taken, and an ultra sound (no, I’m not pregnant, don’t worry about it) and it turns out, I have mono, but not JUST mono.. the worst case he’s seen in 10 years! Yay for me! The good ol’ kissing disease.. so that means I shouldn’t share a drink with anyone anymore… and I guess the secrets out.. I kissed her okay?! It’s true! I have been blessed though, because I don’t think this has really been as bad as it could’ve been…

I remember reading a blog Dawn had written some time ago, about all the little things that make life great. I do have to agree that the little things in life really do so much more than the big things. We are so blessed in this country with the health care system we have. God wanted me to appreciate that I think, and I sure do, and I only got a taste of it, but I’m thankful for people who actually cared about my situation. I’m thankful for all the crap these nurses/doctors, etc have to go through just to deal with the public that might not even care about them and/or their sacrifices. To deal with people that might never be appreciative for what they have done just to help them but I tell you, I sure am! (hear my heart… not everyone will be unthankful, but they’re out there) I’m thankful I can visit the doctor, use their expensive machines, have people help me that actually know what they’re doing, take up their time, get blood tests and never have to bring out my wallet to pay a cent. Alberta Health Care takes care of that and I just pay what I would deem as a small amount, every 3 months. I’m totally fine with that! Thank you Jesus for this blessing!

I got a lot of thoughts/realizations these past 2 weeks and had some good conversations with God as well! He really does want to have conversations with us on a daily basis! It’s great! You sure feel closer! I got to experience an entire evening last night in utter peace. It was beautiful!

I am seeing some of my friends who seem dead, are beginning to move an arm or a leg and I am excited and moved! I’m beginning to get excited for what God will do this fall! I’m so thankful for God, who is in control of all things - when all can sometimes seem to fail or fall around you, when you feel like you’ve got nothing to look forward to, you can just praise God for how good He is, despite your situation; despite what happens to you. That you can just taste how good He is and know better is on the way because He is a God of new! It’s not like summer is over and God is sayin, ‘sorry kids, that’s all I had, you’ll have to suck up these next 4 months until I can think of something better.’ No, He’s far better than that!

I’m excited to learn more about God this fall and winter, and to practice what I learn and I get to love on people! I get to let God teach me how to be a better leader, a better friend, teach me how to love people better, teach me how to sacrifice, teach me how to be a better follower! Show me on the road of being a bond servant, just how that’s done. Getting my heart where He needs it to be before He can take me where He wants me to go! I’m excited for God to move in those lives that are closest to me, and I’ll pray and support them! Excited to see God move in ministries and just all over, in this town and every other town Christians are willing to say ‘yes Lord!’ Wherever they are saying ‘yes’, is where God is going to move! So I want to be a part of it and not sit on the sidelines! This is the pathway to the abundant life in which we do not deserve, but have access to through Jesus’ brutal death which at times, I forget, and others I stop to re-live it and let his death sink in and it still blows me away (as it rightfully should). Brothers and sisters, march forward into what God has for YOU this last leg of 2006 - what will you do to make it memorable? Because for me, this really has been the best year of my life, and I can honestly say that. The best part is, my life is just getting started!! It will only get better from here! Even with anything ‘bad’ that happens, I’ll recite Romans 8:28 to the grave – we can’t fail!! Yes, it does feel SO good to be a part of the winning team! Let it be so!
 Posted by Picasa

Comments:
YAYA! What a warm fuzzie Jesus blog! The last part almost reminded me of part of Psalm 119! Points for Jon who said super trooper... i will make sure i use that phrase at least once today... basically just cause its amazing! Its nice to see some happy blogging! Its almost like a pcp party.... i know what your thinking..."i don't want to invite my parents" ...but the whole point of a parents chips and pop party is to have the parents there! lol anyway... bunny trail! Be blessed, muchlov!
 
I totally thought I commented on this blog...I know I read it but whatever...I dunno what to say I talked to you today hmm
 
Awwww, I was hoping you were pregnant....cause then I could of bought you a cute baby present or something ;)

Sorry to hear about the mono....gah....but glad to hear you're keeping things all in perspective!

Mary
 
Ha Ha you got the ultimate girl coodie lol
 
you laugh because you think it's AWESOME Riley!
 
Wow. That's kind of ceepy. Hah I'm all caught up on sleep. Even took an extra day off because I got sick. Heh.
 
Hey Josh,
How's it going? Thanks for the comments on my msn space...lol!! Sounds like God is doing amazing things in your life, and that's so awesome to hear. It's so true, that just because the summer's over, doesn't mean God doesn't have more for us...That's what I've been learning the past couple weeks...God is so good, and I can't wait to see what He's got planned....Anyways..I have to run to practice...Talk to you later! God bless,
Carmen
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]