Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Little Piece of Heaven


Christmas is in the air – life has shifted, the snow has fallen, and with it, change. It has brought peace, it has brought the presence of God.



I pulled up to Starbucks to get a nice, warm hot chocolate and greeted 4 people I knew in the few minutes I was in there. It felt like a family, it felt like home. It was warming. Jesus’ birthday is celebrated and with it seems to be an extra, special blessing He outpours that you just don’t feel throughout the rest of the year quite like this. I can write on how this should look for each and every person, but for some, the holiday will be a tragedy or a reminder in which it was destined to be, which I am remorseful and sorry for, yet the cause of Christ is far bigger than our pain. Is it not?



This week has been an eye opener of the little. The tiny. Small, small things I’m incredibly thankful for, thankful to tears. Spending time with a loved one(s), enjoying their essence and presence. The very element of who they are, and soaking up the minutes as they pass by. This is the rich, this is the quality, the standard of life which we can live by if only we’d ask. Family, significant others, or friends, it all depends on what this looks like or means to you, and if what means much to me brings pain to you, take yourself to what this holiday means to you or perhaps, ask God what this means to Him. Christmas music, decorated houses, beautifully lit up exteriors, white glistening snow. The warmth of a fire, the touch of a loved one. The smiles, the laughter, the atmosphere of peace. The blessing of the season is overwhelming, and in all our jaded views, twisted mindsets, if we can quiet ourselves for just a moment and hear the whisper of God in the midst. Take a moment out of this month, this season, if just for a second, just sit back and soak in your day, soak in the people for there is no guarantee for tomorrow. Allow God to meet with you and show you what there is, show you what you have. Count your blessings, and you’ll find the little things are the biggest blessings. The daily things. My words don’t do justice, and I could explain in detail the way I feel, but if you’ve felt it for yourself, experienced it for yourself, you’ll be at home with these words.



Father, I am thankful… to the utmost, to the deepest part of myself that I know. For what you’ve done for me, for what you’ve blessed me with. I am blown away by the greatness and the peace of God.



Be with your loved ones, cherish the memories, remember the root and the reason, remember how and why we can have these days to rejoice, through trials and tribulations, through joys and triumphs. That we could dance with the King in glory, together, as one. Perhaps this is a little taste of heaven. Remember these moments and if you don’t have them, ask for them with a humbled heart and receive! Be VERY blessed this Christmas season – live in this day and enjoy it!


Comments:
i love christmas! whooo hooo!! I love snow, I love family, i love friends, i love giving (ok, and i'll admit, getting...we all do a little), i love christmas lights, i love waking up christmas morning and be able to see the faces of the people i gave stuff to...and i fell in love while i was gone - with Frank Sinatra :O His music is beautiful to my ears!!
 
Christmas and snow and happy people its a good time and Jesus..the reason for the season
 
Peace.... what a perfect word to summerize Christmas! You can always find peace at Christmas...even if you are in the midst of chaos.... go look out the window at the beauty of snow and put on some music.... peace for you! I must agree Jello! Frank Sinatra is amazing! Be blessed babe, love you!
 
Snow is Peace to me and anyone who knows me knows that
 
its why i put it darling! Just for you!
 
Wow what a great blog. You are a very gifted writer. Yes Christmas is fast approaching and yet it doesn't seem like it for me, not yet anyways. Living in residence just doesn't have that same feeling of holiday cheer and decorating as it does in a normal house. I don't get to experience the joy and thrill of setting up a tree or putting up christmas decorations early. Instead i'm busy studying and preparing for final exams. I can't wait to go home for Christmas, even if it's only going to be for a few days. It's going to be nice to see my family. And that's all I really want this year for Christmas. I suppose that once exams are finished and i have time to focus on other things, I will have more time to stop and reflect on the true meaning of christmas...Jesus!! After all He is the reason for the season!

Josh,I hope your Christmas is very blessed and full of joy while you spend time with the ones you love! God bless
 
Hey, thanks for the compliment, thanks very much!! I hope your Christmas is blessed too Carmen, even if you have a few days!
Josh
 
i can't wait to see my family...and especially my dog. Christmas just isnt christmas without the ones you love.
 
I like the night time when its christmas. Its very refreshing.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]