Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Issues of Today, Worries or Tomorrow - Sights Upright!

Ever feel like you’re carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders? Ever loose hope in a sinful generation? Or people you admired let you down? Turned your head to look for hope and all you saw was pain and suffering? I don’t know about you, but once in awhile with me, the weight of the world pulls at me. You get in a mood and before you know it, all of the baggage, all of the sin, all of our lack of faith knocks at your door for a visit. Hope and trust seem to vanish and you begin looking at people and loosing hope wondering if anyone will ever see the light of day. Or perhaps you’re so caught up in dreams or desires that you forget where you are today? Stare at something long enough that is not of God and before long you’ll watch yourself loose focus, feel anxiety, possibly furthered by a lack of patience, confusion, or perhaps worry may even fall over you which, at times, results in a dried up soul sprawled out on the ground left wondering what just happend. Perhaps the problem started for before your whirwind of emotions set in? Perhaps they snuck in when your eyes were set so focused on that one thing (whatever it may be for you) that you didn’t have them on God and natural principles prove themselves once again? I’m seeing just how easy the weapons of the enemy or thrown at me when I loose sight for even what seems like a second, on the real goal. What we look at may not even be wrong but it can’t be first! It can’t be primary. I’m writting from experience - one of many thingst I’m walking through which seems to be a daily basis while I’m taken through a process of becoming more than a conquerer.


I find myself thinking too much about any given particular topic, whether it be dreams or desires, and so often my focus is caught up and I begin to feel anxiety. I feel my patience thinning sometimes, which can throw me into a loop of confusion and I’m beginning to see it’s that lack of focus on God which creates the mess. Interesting... When I look at God and focus my eyes on Him, watching Him, spending time with Him, the little issues fade away and I realize how small they are and how much they don’t matter. Even my dreams. God isn’t concerned about what I do so much as who I am and the relationship we have together.


I don’t know why I struggle so much with enjoying the moment. Today. What the day has. I’m scared of growing old and looking back on my life realizing I’ve lived in tomorrow. But that won’t happen because God’s obviously showing me something He wants to change and I can’t change anything in my life if I don’t see it first. Step 1. Thanks Father!
I would like to think of myself as a person whose not discontent with what he has... Where do we find the balance where we’re told to be content with what we have, yet strive for more? Striving for Godly desires, not being content in that sense, but being content with our blessings. Or perhaps even with who we are as individuals. It’s an interesting journey to walk through and I’m sure it can be frustrating at times for those who help me through it (thanks for your patience!).


I’m walking through a process of learning.... on how to actually enjoy everything about the day I’m given, learning not to be so hard on myself, more on who I am in Christ, more about love, about God, learning strategies that overcome schemes of the enemy, so we don’t always have to run to God for help while we’re being beaten, but we can actually stand back up and reject it because God wants us to walk that way. These may just be words on a page to you but they are deeper revelations on top of previous revelations (some are new) for me.


Either way, with what I do or what I don’t do, who I am, who I’m not, what I want, what I don’t want, I’m deeply grateful and thankful that God loves me enough to work these out JUST because He loves me. Because He wants me to enjoy life on a newer level, because He wants to take me deeper with Him. What a blessing... what an honor, what a joy. I’m tired of the enemy stealing from me what is mine without me even realizing I’ve handed it over to Him. Yet God reveals and in that, I learn, then am given discernement and I can fight back. I can take my ground back, all by the convenant of a loving God who sent His only son, that I might have all of this and so much more.

Labels:


Comments:
mhmm true dat...yep mhmm..ok I did have somethin to say but I have a brain fart..and I forgot...that has been happening a lot to me lately...so yeah ummm...you go girl...I mean guy...I mean Jishwa...you go you can do it...be thankful and dont let thinkin too much get in the way too...I know I think way too much so yeah dont do it...anyways brother have a great week.
 
Fantastic revelation! It pulled at my heart strings and reminded me of a power greater than I and that was incandecently uplifting to a point of extraneous joy! Be blessed babe! I love you!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]