Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Over Thinking & A Dash of Joy!


How many times in life do you think we make things more complicated than they really are? I wonder if we could look through God's actual eyes for a moment (besides the fact we couldn't handle it) to see how He actually intended life to be. God is complex, yet simple at the same time. I think there's aspects of his mystery He wants to show us, but I don't think He ever intended for us to loose ourselves in the mystery and forget the simplicity of it. After all, there IS only 2 actual laws now (thanks to Jesus). Mark 12:28-31. How much more simplified can that get?


I know for myself I like thinking beneath the surface and it's just one of millions of gifts God grants us, but this seems to be one of my stronger parts and at the same time, one of my weaker points as it causes me to over think at times, which leads to confusion, and anxiety and before I know it, one of my strengths has been used against me to hinder me. That is clearly not the will of God.
I watched the inspiration of the movie 'Cars' at lunch today and did it ever speak a lot to me in those short 16 minutes. Here was a group of men that wanted to research some history before they made a movie so the information could be accurate. They traveled on Route 66 which I'm not highly educated on, but this road has a history to American people. Two watered down thoughts I had were: for one, how much more there is out there in life than the place I'm at now (which doesn't leave me discontent, it leaves me daring to dream). Secondly, the words the director spoke at the end were what hit me the most..It was something to this extent. " Life is like a road we travel and we never really know where we're going, but it's the journey we enjoy."
Which leads me to my next rebuke of myself. over thinking. Which causes clouded vision and hinders the ability to enjoy. It scares me to think I'll walk through life and one day as an old man and see that I wasted my entire life wishing for tomorrow when tomorrow never came and I forgot to live in the day I was in and enjoy it. It seems like such a waste to me. Tomorrow has its benefits, struggles, triumphs and thrills, but what about today? What about life just being simple, moving forward, loving God, loving others and 'enjoying' the day, enjoying the relationship you have with Him, and the people you have around you. If you looked at each day individually as if you weren’t promised the day tomorrow (because you’re not) perhaps we could have a completely different outlook on life? Perhaps we’d see how truly blessed you really are. This is more so for me to hear than anyone else and I’ll be reminding myself constantly, I can tell you that much, that being said, I’ll say this...
Don’t forget to ‘enjoy’ this holiday season.

Comments:
Riding the wave instead of watching the wave and analyzing it, missing it in the process.... can this be? lol Yes, it is a gift to anaylze but, like anything, if taken to extremes can kill joy or peace or rest etc. Good ppost babe! -me
 
wow....I really needed to read that at this particular moment. I had just finished posting a blog on my site, and well I'm feeling a bit crushed down right now, and lonely..(ya read my blog to see)...But then i felt i should check your site to see if you posted any new blogs. And this one was on there. It really helped to read that. Kinda put things into perspective a bit...I need to live each day in that day, not worrying about the future. Hopefully I can figure some things out now...

Thanks so much
 
I watched cars a ton you dont understand Josh how much that movie impacted me...and I totally understand where you are on this...I am that the same spot...living today and enjoying this time...but I am also on fire and ready to take on the world and change it...you wait Nikki is comin
 
wow.. funny how I can re-read my own blog and have it impact me... I guess it truly IS a reminder...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]