Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Thank God It's Friday

Wow... what a week... I must say that this hasn't been the best week of 2006... Ever have those days or weeks where you don't seem to do anything right? Yeah... that's my week in a big, informal nutshell. My moods and patience has been up and down like a rollercoaster. I've been tired all week (which probably contributes to a good portion of my bad moods). I've seen a lot this week of myself that I don't like very much, from overthinking, to over-analyzing, to my sins, my faults, my stubborness, my disobedience, my failures. But in essence I look at 'failures' and they're really not failures at all, but mere learning experiences. I told God if He was testing me this week I didn't do so good... I'm looking forward to being off work for the next week and have a total of 10 days of not having to work and just relaxing with family and friends and loved ones. Ahh... this is much needed I must say. My excitment for it has been hindered by all the hardships amd that sucks. It's like riding a bike up hill until your legs are burning like hell and when you get to the top and you get off that bike you just want to collapse. I sorta feel like that. Maybe not that extreme, but you get the idea.


Oh well... It's Friday, and I just have to muscle my way through 8.5 hours of bordom (I mean, work) and it won't be long until I'm heading out the door at 7:30am tomorrow morning for Sherwood Park. It'll be the first time my family isn't together for Christmas which is crazy! I'm spending it with Dawn and we’ll be coming back midweek sometime! (Thank you Jesus...) There isn’t too much of a Christmas mood here because there’s no snow on the ground and some of these winter days feel more like spring than winter. (I love the warm sun!) Up north it will be more Christmasy!


If I don’t see you or talk to you in the next while, have a merry Christmas! Enjoy it, every moment of it, with what you have, the big blessings and the little blessings! Thanks Jesus for being born (although I don’t think it was actually around December but hey.. we've got to celebrate your birthday SOMETIME in the year) Issues aside from one another, count your blessings! This is a time for peace, love, family and many other traditions! Reflect with someone on this past year, what God has done for you, in you and through you! Reflect on how great He is and just how great this next year is going to be! We can be thankful that He's so much bigger than what we do or what we don't do... and that He's put people around us that love us through our worst of moments (which is hard for me to understand or feel worthy of) Either way, start dreaming and planning for 2007 to be the best year you’ve ever had! Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

Labels:


Comments:
SOOOOO excited to see you! Not gunna lie! I am glad that this week is over as well! It will be good to relax and sink intot he Christmas spirit and focus on someone who will never change and is the source of all joy and peace! Thank-you Jesus! See you soon babe! Love you!
 
Yeah Christmas...yep
 
Hey! Hope your Christmas rocked Josh, and that time with Dawn was well-spent and memorable! :) Sorry we haven't talked much lately! miss ya man! Have a fabulous New Years!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]