Thursday, January 18, 2007

3 Thoughts...

Before I rant to anyone that might care, I would just like to say I created another blog. It'll be my wrirings, that way it ca be seperate from this one - it's in my links section, so you can visit that for your enjoyment if you'd like!


It amazes how a single word can mean nothing to one person, or it could mean everything to the next. Depending on what a particular word means to the individual... Depending on what you’ve walked through, how we all take in circumstance, and love. How we give it. How we have recieved it. Or how we haven’t recieved it. The only way we can understand each other is our own way in how we relate to each another. In a sense, we are all alone, but we are still all together. A simple word such as ‘mountain’ can mean nothing more than the amount of room on a page that the word takes up. But for others it can mean vast, huge, enormous, etc. Or it could mean pain, struggle, battle, etc. On the opposite side of the spectrum it could mean victory, overcoming, it could mean journey or remind you of a time in your life you faced something hard. Or it could just mean, ‘a big hill with lots of trees on it!’ Either way...one word has an impact on any given person. It can change the way you feel in a moment.. one, small, tiny word... which leads me to my next thought...

Interestingly enough that reminds me how people relate to one another. How nobody wants to be alone and agian, even what the word ‘alone’ means to you?
It intrigues me that we connect with others in ‘relation’. Relating brings people together and they don’t feel alone. Sometimes it’s healthy, sometimes it’s unhealthy. Of course we all know this, but as think through it, I personally find it fascinating! Don’t we have the people around us that we do because we ‘relate’ to them in some sort of way?

This last thought has nothing to do with the first two, really, but I thought I’d throw it in anyway...I do not have much pain from family or other such circumstances, although there’s probably bondage there I’m caught in that I don’t even know about… or from my past. I find it ironic how much our past determines our future. (If we let it...but some of it, we’ll never catch) Who we are, what we’ve done, what others have done to us, etc. Until we realize we have the power to alter what we do with what happens to us, that’s the way it seems to go. Yet what man (or woman) can truly master that? There’s only been one. I see how the one thing that hinders me and keeps me held and pinned down in my life, is not other people, is not even circumstance or obstalces. It is not death (thanks Jesus) it is not money or rescources, but it is me. It is my own heart, it is my own mind. I need freedom from myself…. I need a savior… from me…

Labels:


Comments:
Hmm some great thoughts...and the word alone to me...means peace right now thats where I am in life...anyways have a great weekend
 
Words carry such vast immonent meaning to them, they find a way to touch the very core of us in some way or another.... even the absence of words... it holds such meaning... different preceptions, connotations, situations... all contribute to half empty or half full! Good post babe!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]