Monday, January 15, 2007

Garbage Day


The beauty of Christ is that of a beautiful sunrise in the dawn of a brand new day. The land stretches as far as the eye can see and the golden yellow arising from the hills is nearly blinding. It is soft and moves slow. It is gentle. But it holds a power which darkness ceases to remain. The clouds of the night begin to vanish, but first, the sun reflects its beauty off of those dark clouds, just to make its presence known. For the light is always there and is only but a matter of time before it shines. It is the light that is permanent, not the darkness. Its beauty gently and quietly fills the sky from the east to the west, with pink, orange, yellow and blue. I don’t know what you see when you look at a sunset or a sunrise but I see a masterpiece painted by a King. I see hope. I see that darkness has no power and authority over the light, for it is the light that decides when it will shine and when it will hide. Oh, I love how God put pieces of Himself in the very nature He created.


A sunset or sunrise holds an element, a characteristic of God in which is so real to me and in those clouds, in that sun, in that sky, I see Him like wind through a prairie; I can see the creation of a King. I can’t help but stare. I’d spend a whole day in that moment if I could freeze it. What you don’t know is the day before, God revealed a dirty, stained, black area in my heart that I never really saw much harm in its existence or realized what it’s effect actually had on me. He called it out; He showed me what I have inside. Ugly things that hurt to hear. Where I’m bound up by fear, by insecurity, where I struggle with wanting control in an area I have no control over at all. Where my struggle is not the issue or sin outwardly, or the people I interact with (Or don’t interact with) but the issue is completely on the inside. Where nobody can see. My love was called forth and I saw it fall short and my trust had landed shorter than I thought or hoped it would. Where I’m pinned down for the count of 3 by my own thoughts, my emotions, by everything rooted in evil and with this revealing, I felt hopeless. Those times where you’re so messed up, where you feel the heaviness and you feel defeated. Nobody can say a word to me in those times that picks me up, that sets free a captive mind. But my Jesus… is never exhausted by my neediness. His love is never thinned by any action I carry out. His words are gentle, His arms are big.. and warm. He graciously gives me the people around me that can handle my issues with a Christ-like love. Those people provided so I am not alone. So I can make it through these ugly issues. There can be pain with God’s love, but the pain is the uprooting of evil. The pain is necessary at times, and a beautiful part of healing. It is not forgotten, nor is it His fault. It is us… and this is a thank-you to a God who loves me (and you!) so much that He’ll call out the garbage in us, that wemight be free and enjoy life the way we're meant to!


Comments:
Amazing...I too am enthralled by God's masterpieces that he shows me day after day. Things like sunsets, and sunrises, snowflakes covering the ground, the way the sunlight glistens after a rain...all of these things reveal God's true beauty. All of these things are kisses from our Daddy!! Great blog...truly enjoyed reading it! PS...thanks for the heads-up about the (SH) that i forgot to take off dawn's name...I guess I won't make you share her...haha! Be blessed!
 
God is so good... my warm blanket as i sit in the cold.... my fire in the eve... its warming... mesmorising.... blissfully wonderful in the moment weather your lost or confused or afraid or joyful.... its stilling, mending the soul in ways words cannot express...
Great post, love you~
 
Excellent post Josh...very encouraging...that despite the junk in our lives God still loves us.

For which I am ever thankful!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]